Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer fun project!

Hi all! Even though today is the official start of summer, ours  offically started last Friday, with the last day of school!! We have been enjoying time spent together. Today we played the endless game of Monopoly. I swear it took over three hours to complete with me losing, of course. lol!! It was fun!!

I am determined to take a ton of pictures of all the things we do this summer. I got a great idea of a memory file system here and thought this would be a great place to chronicle all of our fun times! I  used the "Hello Summer" collection to decorate the outside of the box and for the inside will just be bits and pieces of whatever as I go along! So far I have been good about taking and printing the photos to place in the box. We will see if I keep up this pace or not but I sure hope so! In the end I think it is going to be awesome!!

On another, non-scrappy note, I finally finished the book that I was reading, "The Escape" by Barbara Delinsky. If you like present day fiction, this is one to pick up! It was an easy read...just took me awhile! My next book is going to be "11th Hour" by James Patterson. This is part of the Women's Murder Club series. Love these books so I am sure this one will not disappoint! If any of you have a  good book suggestion, I would love to hear it!



Have a great night!

5 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

that project rocks!!! JUST LOVE how cute it is, and perfect paper for it!!!!

Angela said...

That's fantastic! Love the bright colors!!

Martine said...

what a cute memory box! fantastic idea!

Treasa C. said...

This is totally cute and the colors scream, Summer!!

{VICKI} said...

I love to read too- but I do not like James Patterson---This summer I've been getting caught up on Nicholas Sparks novels